Blogger Book Tag
I saw this book tag on Emily’s blog For The Bookish and immediately wanted to do it! It looked super fun and also I’ve never done a tag before. So here we go.
1. Name a book you’re embarrassed you haven’t read.
Um, well, that’s a lot. The complete Pilgrim’s Progress? (I recently learned that my edition was abridged.) Emma? To Kill a Mockingbird? The huge stack of books in my room that I keep meaning to read?
2. What is the strangest thing you’ve ever used as a bookmark?
Oh, dear. For the most part I use bobby pins, but the strangest thing? Hmm… Oh! Once I used a piece of stuffing that came out of one of our dog’s toys. Yeah. That was kind of weird.
3. Look at your bookshelf. What is the first yellow-spined book you see?
*Runs upstairs. Riding Freedom, by Pam Munoz Ryan. I used to love that book…
4. If you could have one new book from a deceased author, who would it be?
Argh! That’s cheating! C.S. Lewis? (Another Narnia book, preferably…)
5. Name an author who deserves more readership.
K.M. Weiland. She’s amazing and I love her novels. Looooooooooooove them.
6. Bookmark or random piece of paper?
Random piece of paper, every time. I can’t find a bookmark to save my life.
7. Can you stop anywhere in a book or do you have to finish the chapter?
I prefer to finish the chapter, but I’ll stop in a pinch. (Or if it’s really boring.)
8. One book at a time OR Several?
Several. I am typically reading anywhere from two to fifteen books at a time 😀
9. Do you read ahead or skip pages?
No! No, no, no!
10. Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?
Like new, of course!!!! (And if it’s new, don’t you DARE mess it up!) But since I buy my books mostly used, the spine is broken sometimes anyway… oh well.
11. What books do you regret reading?
Hmm… The Storybook of Legends?
12. On average, how many books do you read per year?
Well, I just started keeping track of my books last year and I read around 350-400.
13. What book can you read hundreds of times and never get tired of?
14. What’s the biggest lesson you’ve learned from a book?
The book that has impacted me the most in the past few months is definitely The Giver. It really showed me that an “perfect” society with everyone being all the same is NOT ideal, and also the power of brainwashing. It was hauntingly reminiscent of society today.
15. What is the most recent book you’ve read?
Everything On A Waffle, by Polly Horvarth.
16. Name a book quote you’ll never forget.
The first thing that popped into my head was, “Courage, dear heart,” from one of the Narnia books. The second thing was “I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13
17. How many books do you own?
Lots. Umm… Lots. Too many? 500? 600? 700????
18. Of the past year, what is the greatest book you’ve read?
And as for who I tag… I tag anyone who’s reading this post and would like to do it on their blog. Also I’m going to tag Olivia Rollins from Important Nothings because I think she’d enjoy it.
That was surprisingly fun! Hope you liked it. Please leave any questions or responses in the comments below!