Guess what’s going to happen on Monday?
Okay, fine, the title probably gave it away, but IT’S MY FIRST BLOGIVERSARY.
*showers you with confetti and dark chocolate* *blasts 1950s dance music in the background*
I really can’t even believe it… it’s just so weird that my blog is a YEAR OLD. On one hand, it feels like I’ve been blogging forever. But on the other, it feels like I just started this blog and wrote my first post.*
*which we are NOT EVEN DISCUSSING in this post, all right?? No scrolling back in my archive. xP
So I don’t have a giveaway or anything for you since I really don’t have time to put it together right now (I know SO SAD), but I was thinking I could do one when I reached fifty followers or on my second blogiversary. ; )
Instead you’re getting me rambling! (Goodness… things really haven’t changed…)
If you’d like to see stats, head on over to my 2017 recap… unfortunately, I wasn’t thinking of my blogiversary and used them in my recap instead. Fantastic. I obviously plan things out waaay in advance.*
- Getting comments. I LOVE hearing from other people, it’s so exciting! xD My first comment from someone I didn’t know in real life was from Katie Grace, and I was freaking. out. Also, my family and friends have also commented frequently here from the very beginning. I’m so glad they’re all so supportive! (:
- Participating in Camp Nanowrimo! I was too shy to ask to be in anyone’s cabin, even though I really wanted to, but Lisa was super-sweet and invited me to join her cabin – then we all got invited to join Abigayle! It was amazing.
- Interacting with people on Goodreads. I figured out that I could use Goodreads for more than cataloguing my books, and that a lot of my blogging buddies were on there. xD
- Learning how to design graphics. Even though I’m not fantastic at it, I FINALLY learned how.
- Meeting other people similar to me! I only know a few teenage Christian writers in real life, and it’s so fun to interact with you all. I could name a lot of names, but I just know I’ll forget somebody so I shan’t. Just know that I love all of you equally ; )
- Changing up my blog theme… multiple times. I seriously don’t even know how many themes I’ve gone through to make it look the way I want it to. I really love messing around with it, though.
I’d LOVE to see your opinions and feedback on my blog, so here’s a little survey for you to take! Only if you want to, of course. (:
So… that’s all I have for you today. I kind of threw it together last-minute, since I got sick and didn’t have as much time to work on it as I originally thought. (:
I’m so thankful for all of you, and I hope the next year of blogging will be just as amazing as this one was! <3
Congrats on your first blogiversary,Zane! 😀
Thank you, Faith! Also your answers on the survey were so sweet <33
EEP SO EXCITING!! Congrats girl! I love your blog and it’s been so good to get to know you ^.^ also you mentioned me, which was super sweet *hugs* all the best for year two!!
THANK YOU, LISA!! I’m so glad I got to know you through Goodreads, and that we were in the same cabin! Really, I probably wouldn’t have had a cabin if you didn’t ask me. ; )
Happy Blogiversary, dear!! 😀
Thank you, Mary! <3
Your blog’s only two months older than mine! *tells blog to stand straighter so it looks taller* Congratulations on a whole year of blogging, Zane – here, have some celebratory lamingtons!
But wHY DID NO ONE TAG YOU FOR THE #MYFIRSTPOSTREVISITED THING?? That would have been an excellent anniversary thing to do! ;P (Actually, I’m going to do that now. Make fun of myself online, why don’t I…)
My blog is older than yours?… whoa. Thanks, Jem! – but I’ve still never had lamingtons. XD Although I do know what they ARE thanks to your lovely post (I really enjoyed it by the way – I meant to comment but I guess I didn’t. XP).
NO NOT THAT TAG! XD My first post was really, really bad – just sayin’.
Happy blogivarsary, Zane!! 😀 WHOOHOO! *throws confetti*
Thank you so much, Angela! <33
YAY congrats on your first year of blogging!
Thank you, Madison! <3
CONGRATULATIONS, ZANE!!! “throws confetti”
Someone told me that very few bloggers last longer than a few months – ‘APPLAUDS’ YOU SO TOTALLY ROCK, DUDE! 😀 <3
Eeeek, THANK YOU ALLISON! <33 *hugs*