I’m sorry I’m so bad at introducing my blog posts. I promise, I am the worst at blog post introductions. One year, and I STILL haven’t gotten the hang of it.
Let’s try that again.
*swoops in with dark chocolate* HAPPY SATURDAY! Can you believe it’s almost the end of January?*
*it’s possibly even MORE unbelievable that I am JUST NOW posting my 2018 goals. #win
Since I am so awkward at blog post introductions, why don’t we just begin.
- finish a novel. I’ve never, ever completed a full-length novel (middle grade, YA, or otherwise), and this is something I really want to do this year.
- participate in a nanowrimo event! I loved Camp Nano this past July, and I would love to do it again. I don’t think I’m quite up for the real Nanowrimo in November, but maybe someday. We’ll see.
- work towards publishing. This is definitely one of my biggest goals… I’ve been researching publishing and writing classes a lot lately, and it’s all so complicated. If I don’t win the Rooglewood Press contest (which I’m really not expecting to…), I want to work towards publishing my novella Snowstrike. Yet another thing that needs time.
- blog consistently. Towards the end of last year I sort of failed at this… BUT I’M BACK NOW. *throws confetti* I have a LOT of things planned that I’m very excited about, and I can’t wait to tell you all!
- build my platform. Yet another one of those complicated things I’ve been researching! I’d love to have some other form of social media for my blog, but I don’t want to get sucked in like I did with Instagram.*
- reach 50 subscribers. So far I have 27 subscribers by email, four Google+ followers, and three Bloglovin’ followers (although two of them look like spam.) So I think 50 is a reasonable goal, if I post consistently. ; )
*That’s another story for another day, folks.
- exercise more. stretch! Ugh. I don’t want to, but I know it’s good for me, so… besides, I need to be more flexible for dance. which is basically the only reason. xP
- read 150 books/meet my Goodreads goal. I’m starting off with 150 books, since I read 200 last year. I don’t know if it’ll get higher or lower. Right now I’m eight books ahead of schedule, so that’s good, right?
- finish reading the Bible. I started it last year, and got bogged down. This year I’m using a reading plan and hopefully I can read the entire Bible in one year!
- keep journaling. I was going to put this under writing, but… life seems better? I don’t know. XP I currently use four-five different journals, so it will be a miracle if I keep up with all of them.
- take more pictures with my phone and polaroid camera. BECAUSE THEY’RE WORTH IT. I have a hard time making myself use the polaroid camera, but it’s so fun and I treasure the pictures. <3
And there are my goals for 2018! This felt like a super-short post, but ah well. Time crunch.
As a bonus, I’ll add my word for the year.
I’ve been thinking about this for some time, because I unofficially had a word for last year and I really loved it. Last year I wanted to see the world like I was little again, full of childlike amazement. My word was wonder.
This year I want to be strong. I want to be brave with my writing. I want to speak my thoughts without being afraid. I want to be bold in everything I do, and not be ashamed of my identity in Christ.
My word for this year is courage.
Let’s be courageous in 2018. Let’s speak out for what we believe, with boldness, truth, and love.
I’m so excited about next week’s post, y’all – I can. not. wait.
What are some of your goals for 2018?
Whoohoo, amazing writing goals, Zane! 😀 NaNo is amazing and camp is EPIC! You can TOTALLY write a novel this year. If you wanna brainstorm/chat, hit me up, too! And yess, I’m praying to publish this year, too! *high five girl*
Your goals are all amazing. 🙂
Awww, thank you! <3 We can be hopeful publishing-buddies together! *hugs* You're so sweet!
Oh woww, 150 BOOKS??? That’s like, 14 books a month! But you go for it, I love your goals!!
I know! I’m just a fast reader, I guess, although I’ve gotten slower over the years! Thank you! <3
What could be a better way to introduce a post than to sweep in with dark chocolate? 😀
Exciting goals for the writing, Zane! Camp Nano is lots of fun and I actually like it better than NaNoWriMo – but I’m really hoping to participate in all three Nano events this year. #ofcourseimfine #dyinginside
“fist pump” 50 subscribers! You can do it!
WHOOO! I’m very excited about your goal to read the whole Bible – you won’t regret it!!
May God grant you infinite courage this year and bless you in all your ways, Zane! <3
Exactly! Who could not love dark chocolate??
Yup, pretty exciting! Wow, that’s an ambitiuous goal!! I think you can totally do it, though. I cannot wait for the rest of the Tales of Ambia! What projects are you thinking about working on? (Or is it too soon to tell? xD)
I am too! It’s going well so far, even though I started on the plan a little late.
Thank you, and you as well! <33
I love your drawings! I’m an artist too, but your art as a more “free” style than mine does.
I’m gonna follow!
Oh, no! I’m assuming you’re talking about the little doodles. Those aren’t mine! They’re free commercial-use clip art I use to divide my posts with! Argh, I’m so sorry you were confused.
I checked out your art, though, and you’re really talented. I doodle a bit, but I wouldn’t call myself an artist, I just enjoy filling in the blank space in my journals. 😉
Oh, haha. Well, I still think that was creative and that you have good taste! I would love if you posted some of your art sometime!
Thank you!! I actually just posted some photos of my journals and all of the little doodles in them were drawn by me, if you look closely. 😀 Nothing special, but if you’re interested you can look there.
BTW, I hope this doesn’t sound weird, but I adore your nose!
Seriously? That’s so funny, I’ve never liked my nose but I’m glad you like it! Guess it’s just human nature, haha. 😉
It’s a lovely and queen like nose, though!
My best friend has a similar nose ?
Awww, well thank you! *blushes*